PrivacyVersion 1.0 • last updated on
- Virtuat does not store emails from your inbox on our servers
- We always strive to minimize the amount of data we store
- You can cut of our access to your inbox at any time
- We do not use your data for any other purpose than delivering the service to you, communicating about the service with you and getting anonymous data about usage of the service
- When browsing the site or using the service, we collect information about how you interact with our content. This information not be used to contact you unless we've gotten explicit permission from you.
- All data from the application is stored in the AWS cloud
Your data in Virtuat
To provide you access to the service and make sure everything works as advertised, we have to store some data on our servers. Specifically, we're talking about the following data:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Oauth credentials to your mailbox (these are like a username and password except for the fact that they're a lot more secure and you can revoke them at any time from Gmail / Outlook)
- Your assistant's details
- ID's and receival dates & times of emails in your inbox
- Incoming emails people send to your assistant's email address
We've selected Amazon Web Services as our cloud provider so all data from the application is stored in their cloud. Amazon is one of the biggest in the business and they have an excellent track record when it comes to security. We've configured our cloud using their best practices, which includes full database encryption.
Just to re-iterate: we do not, at any point, store any data from your emails on our servers, other than the internal ID assigned to the email by Gmail / Outlook and the dates/times the emails were received.
Your data when communicating with us
When you email us, we store your contact details and our communication (emails) with you. Because we're using Google's G Suite, this means this data is processed & stored by Google. Of course, we've ensured they cannot use access or your data in any way.
Your data when browsing the site or using the web interface
When you're using our site or the web interface (app.virtuat.com), we use two tools to collect information about how you interact with the web content. These tools (Google Analytics and Hotjar) will set cookies on your computer to associate different sessions to the same computer but we'll never use these cookies for any other purpose than to learn about usage and improve the site(s) accordingly.
Details about storage of your data
When you delete your account, you actually delete your account which means we cannot restore it for you. It may still exist as part of our database backups but these are only kept for seven days. Emails are kept indefinetely but you can always request us to delete any communication we've had with you.
Because both Amazon and Google are US-based, internationally operating companies, your data will be stored on servers in both the US and Europe.
Your data, your rights
At any time, you have the right to control if and how we use your personal data. This means you have the right to:
- withdraw consent where previously given; and
- request restriction of processing; and
- request access to your data; and
- request to update your data; and
- request to delete or de-identify your data; and
- request your data in a portable file; and
- lodge a complaint
If you have any questions or requests regarding your data, don't hesitate to contact us.
1018 AH Amsterdam